Trying to sleep, but I can’t. So I’ll just unload some thoughts that have been running in my head lately.
I’m not sure if anyone has noticed, or has been affected by this. Maybe it’s just me.
I had difficulty accessing my blog a few days ago. I got a 508 Error: “Resource Limit is Reached.” To put it simply, it means there were too many visitors logging in at the same time and all available resources have been used up. Even I, the administrator, cannot access my own blog.
I’m pretty sure that my blog isn’t popular enough for all bandwidth to be occupied. According to my server’s admin panel, I haven’t even used up 10% of my bandwidth allocation. The only part that was completely used up was the ‘entry processes’, which I have no idea of (I’m admittedly still uninformed when it comes to highly technical terms) so I gave in and sought the help of my webhost’s tech support.
Fortunately, tech support was quick to take action. As soon as I submitted the support ticket, they checked on it, found what’s causing the error, and immediately solved it. They said it was a ‘brute force attack’, ie., a particular IP address was hitting on the same page repeatedly using multiple scripts and whatnot. The page? My blog’s log in page.
In short, someone has been attempting to hack into my blog.
You know what? This blog has been online for 11 years. I’m very sure that despite my current subjects being online super-sensations, the peak of its activity was not now but during the height of my BiKyo obsession. I had so many haters and bashers during that time, to the point that some of them even sent me death threats and stuff. But NEVER has there ever been any attempt to hack my blog.
I don’t want to think that my current fandom has something to do with it. But because of that recent ‘incident’ that involves that fandom, I couldn’t help but wonder. ‘Wag nga raw i-under-estimate eh.
I’ve always believed that Agent P is not popular nor influential. Not popular nor influential enough to be sent freebies nor invited to events like blog cons, anyway. Sus, re-posts of my posts on Twitter and Instagram get more ‘likes’ and RTs than my own. And the chronic re-posters are the ones being credited (yung iba ‘copyright’ pa talaga ang nilalagay kahit hindi naman sa kanila talaga ang rights) and are getting the freebies and passes/invites. Asan naman ang hustisya doon, diba.
Sorry, bitter lang. hahaha!
Therefore, I was really surprised that people from the K-entertainment world have been asking me – some are even begging me – to comment on the Song-Song couple from Descendants of the Sun, particularly my views on this topic: Are they dating in real life?
Since when have I ever been the authority when it comes to Song Hye Kyo’s personal life?
I was even told that my name – that is, Agent P – was mentioned on the Song-Song Couple thread when they were comparing this couple to BiKyo. And I’m like… huh????? I’m just here, sitting quietly and fangirling on other celebrities who are not even Korean. Why bring my name up?
Does that explain why there’s an influx of visitors on my blog whose search string is ‘Song Hye Kyo’?
Now that I think about it: this blog has gone into (near) trouble with AlDub Nation because of an entry that had an impression that it touched on the personal lives of Alden Richards and Maine Mendoza. I never claimed that I am an authority when it comes to their personal affairs, but some people thought so and the gullible ones with no reading comprehension skills whatsoever bought it hook, line and sinker.
Am I really that credible when it comes to couple rumors? That’s just hilarious. And sad, too. Ganon pala ka-chismosa ang tingin ng tao sa akin.
To address that DoTS topic:
1. Until this very moment, I (a) haven’t seen Descendants of the Sun; (b) do not have any plans of watching it right now because (a.1) I haven’t met up with my usual K-drama source; (a.2) my internet connection cannot handle streaming; (a.3) I have no time, although it can be argued that I can always make time if I want to; and (a.4) I’m not quite into K-drama mood yet.
2. I’ve written about this so many times before: I’m the type of person who has this tendency not to like any show that has become too popular to the point that everyone has been egging me to watch it. I call it Meteor Garden Sickness. DoTS is currently suffering that syndrome on me. Because everyone is saying that I will love it, all the more that I am not liking it even if I haven’t seen it. Sorry, I’m just childish that way.
3. Song Joong Ki is too pretty for my taste. Therefore, I don’t think I’ll love him the way I loved Rain in Full House, or Kim Soo Hyun in The Moon Embracing The Sun. If you look into my list of favorite Korean males, none of them are pretty.
One might argue that Alden Richards also falls in the category of ‘pretty guys’, but he’s not ‘K-pop pretty’. And he’s not as pretty in person as one would think; he’s actually quite manly in person.
4. Don’t kill me for saying this, but I’ve seen Hye Kyo’s IG posts of pics with SJK. Yes, they have good chemistry. Yes, they look good together. Yes, this is the first time that Hye Kyo openly showed in public how close she is to her current leading man. (Please stop sending me “but she was linked to all her leading man” Tweets. I know all about them, and FYI, when she was doing those projects with those guys, she never personally showed in public just how close she was with them. Well, maybe except Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung, whom she was not romantically linked with.)
But to be perfectly honest, all I saw in those Song-Song posts are two individuals of the opposite sex who are very good friends. I was looking for that ‘spark’ that I saw eons ago. It just wasn’t there. My opinion, of course. For all you know, I already lost that Agent P touch.
Actually, I think she had more spark with Yoo Ah In, whom I am very sure that he’s just her good friend. Don’t ask why.
5. One day, I will watch Descendants of the Sun. Just not now. And for totally non-Song Song reasons. Like, because it’s a good drama.
How come nobody is asking me if I’ve seen Please Come Back, Mister?