This is probably the randomest of random thoughts I’ll ever write on this blog. My brain needs to reboot for my thoughts to be properly arranged.
I really envy those people who identify themselves as successful professionals (lawyers, doctors, businessmen, etc), thus, are normally very busy people, yet are able to write novel-length commentary about showbiz on social media on a regular basis.
Meanwhile, here I am. A licensed professional who only pretends to be busy once a year yet I struggle to find the time to update this blog.
I envy them so much because, how the heck were they able to find time analyzing every imaginable topic about their idol – or the idol’s onscreen partner – and putting them all in writing? Just writing this random thoughts entry took me about a day, and I barely did anything but sleep and practice my Lenten traditions this Holy Week break.
Then again, I’m only like this because I’ve been overly stressed since July last year due to family matters. My mind and body ache for a loooooong break from everything. But I can’t have that now. Not yet, anyway.
I wanted to avoid commenting about this (non) issue, but I will, anyway. About Alden Richards’ flaunting of his newly-toned abs.
Credits: Instagram aldenrichards02
1. To those who still insist that it’s an old photo and he’s still chubby: I can’t tell the details on how I know – because some of you will not like it – but trust me on this. It’s NOT an old photo. He really has a flat tummy, toned back muscles and no man-boobs now.
2. So he posted a shameless selfie flaunting his almost-there physique. So what? He worked hard for it. He has all the right in the world to proudly show it off.
3. You gotta admire an actor who would go at great lengths to prepare for an upcoming project. That shows passion and commitment to his craft. If you call yourself his fan and can’t see the point as to why he has to shape up, then… I don’t really know how you could manage to call yourself his fan.
4. I find it weird that people would fault him for being fit and healthy. I don’t get it. They ridicule his fans – like me, for instance – for being fat, and they also ridicule him for being fit. We can’t win with these people.
5. Then again, these are the same people who profess love for Alden but would campaign for a boycott of his solo projects. Logic and consistency do not exist in their world.
6. As for the morality issue that’s being thrown at him now: guys, don’t even go there. You might regret it. I mean, your idol also flaunts herself wearing skimpy swimsuits on social media. If you’re going to slap the morality clause on other artists, make sure it won’t backfire on your faces.
I recently made a comeback on Twitter. Actually, I’ve been posting photos on Twitter every now and then but they barely get any attention, probably because I haven’t been posting anything that might be perceived as ‘controversial’. I posted a number of photos from Sunday Pinasaya‘s April 1 episode, which included photos of Alden and other actresses (most notably, Sanya Lopez). It couldn’t be helped as they were all part of the Charade of Stars segment of SPS.
Suddenly, I am getting Tweets from bashers again. Woo-hoo! I just don’t understand why they’re so fixated at the Alden-Sanya photos when I also posted photos of Alden with other female stars, ie., Rhian Ramos and Arny Ross.
I did notice two things: (1) as of this moment, I’ve only gotten three negative replies on those posts, a vast improvement from those days when I was inactive on Twitter and some people still ridicule me whenever a few of my private Facebook posts get leaked out (seriously, guys, are your lives that boring that you would actually waste time and effort to screengrab my FB posts, leak them out and talk about me on Twitter?); and (2) I only posted photos without any commentary nor any mention of artists who are not in those photos, yet these people still went out of their way to check my Twitter feed and post scathing comments. Which means they’re just trolls who would spew hatred towards me just because, thus, don’t deserve my time and attention.
But I gave them a few spaces on my blog, anyway, so congratulations to them, I think?
Speaking of Sanya Lopez, I just want to share this short anecdote.
Me and a couple of friends were hanging out backstage by the elevators at the SPS studios last March 4, 2018 when suddenly, out came Sanya, wearing that sexy backless gown that she wore for Charade of Stars. I stared at her, dumbfounded. She’s so gorgeous. Cameras don’t do justice to her real facial features. I have seen Sanya a number of times before but only from a distance. It’s the first time for me to see her that close. I was frozen solid that I failed to snap a photo nor ask for a selfie even if I was holding my phone at the time.
Here’s the thing: the guy who came out the elevator with Sanya stood beside me for a few seconds to check his reflection on the mirror right across from where we stood. It was her brother, Jak Roberto. Whom I snubbed, because I haven’t recovered yet from seeing Sanya up close.
It just hit me right now.
I currently don’t belong to any fan club. I’m not restricted by any rules. I can go back to the old Agent P who writes nonsense commentary on anything again.
And because of recent developments, being a one-sided Alden fan cannot be used against me anymore. I mean, they still can, but it’s not as effective as before. That argument has lost its ‘teeth’.
The only thing that’s holding me back is, I have no time to argue on the internet. I’d rather use my free time to catch up on sleep.