The world-famous SongSong Couple – Song Hye Kyo and Song Joong Ki – got married today in what was supposed to be a private ceremony in Seoul. The amount of paparazzi footage is dizzying, to say the least, but what can they do? Everybody wants to witness what is touted to be the Wedding of the Century in South Korean entertainment. Fans are just thankful that they got more than just a glimpse of this monumental event.
As for me, this marks the other bookend of my journey as a once-upon-a-time believer of the BiKyo couple. As I’ve mentioned in a previous blog post, it’s kinda amusing that my closure for this loveteam came on the same year, 2017. I can now close that chapter in my life as a fangirl in peace.
Congratulations to the beautiful couple!
(Image credits: Official wedding photos from Blossom Entertainment)
Aftermath: Nam Joo Hyuk Private Stage [Close-Up] Fanmeeting in Manila
23 September 2017 – Kia Theater, Quezon City
True confession: I attended the Nam Joo Hyuk fanmeeting without knowing who Nam Joo Hyuk is. I mean, I know who he is, like what dramas he’s starred in. But that’s just about it. I’ve never seen any of his dramas. So when I say I didn’t really care about the guy, it’s because I don’t know him at all.
You may ask: why did you spend good money for this fanmeet if you don’t care about him? Three reasons.
(1) Blogging purposes. My longtime blog readers know this. I usually spend good money even on Korean artists that I’m not a fan of just so I’ll have something to put on this blog aside from my usual subjects;
(2) I missed covering K-pop/K-drama events. So why, you may ask, did I not spend that good money on Korean artists that I at least know, like G-Dragon and Taeyang? Actually, I asked that several times, myself; and
(3) My Voltes friends (aka. my friends from the Rain/K-entertainment fandom) are going, and I really missed them a lot. This is really more about me reuniting with friends rather than the actual event itself.
However… Right now, I admit that I’m super-glad that I went to this fanmeet. I didn’t expect much because, as I’ve said, I didn’t really care about Nam Joo Hyuk. But after seeing how he is with fans, I decided that I like him.
Continue reading →
Image credits: IBTimes
Do I still need to put a link on this? The news is everywhere. Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo are getting married this October.
And my poor BiKyo heart doesn’t feel bad at all. I mean, I’ve already made my peace when Rain got married early this year. Having Hye Kyo married, too – and to a man I “approve” of, no less (duh, as if they need the fans’ approval ) – is just the icing on the cake, so to speak.
Yeah, yeah, I do seem to remember that in my review of Descendants of the Sun, I mentioned that I only got buddy vibes from SJK and SHK. I guess it’s because I was on cautious mode then, having been badly burned by BiKyo. I tried my very best never to ship any onscreen couple since then. Yes, that includes AlDub, for which I am thankful now that I didn’t fully immerse myself in that pairing. I would’ve been a total nutter by now if I did.
Anyway, I digress.
Because practically all of my BiKyo friends have become KiKyo shippers after DoTS, I’ve been constantly updated with the latest happenings on Song-Song behind the scenes even if I’ve been out of touch with Korean entertainment these past two years. I should say that today’s big news came to no surprise to me when it broke this morning. We’ve been monitoring the events since the Bali issue and we sorta have seen it coming. We just didn’t expect it to be this abrupt.
It’s just so amusing that Rain and Hye Kyo had to get married (to different people) on the same year. Way to bookend the BiKyo Journey, guys.
Congratulations and best wishes to the most beautiful couple I’ve ever seen.
…to write about my (former?) Korean love. I know this will ruffle some feathers, but do you think I’d care?
[AllKpop] Kim Tae Hee and Rain captured vacationing together!
1. You’re a publicly declared couple that has been rumored to be getting married at least once every quarter for the past three years. WTF is up with all that hiding? Excuse me, “hiding”?
2. There’s media coverage of the airport arrival? Really? And from YTN KStar, the official Rain-KTH media outlet?
3. And this is news, why? Do people really think a not-so-young couple who’s been together for three years that’s caught on a date is still news-worthy?
4. Jihoon, you’re in the middle of an Asian tour. You have projects in China. This is the only news that you can come up with in your homeland? What’s the matter with you? Where’s the World Star Rain that I used to love so much?
Yeah, yeah, I’m sure I will be bombarded (albeit, behind my back) with “here she goes again, jealous of his relationship with KTH, why doesn’t she just leave them alone” blah blah blah. Number One, this is my blog and I will write whatever I want to write, whenever I feel like writing. Two, I feel sad that this is all there is to it now for my World Star Rain. I refuse to accept that the only thing that’s keeping his career alive in Korea is his personal affairs. He deserves so much more than this.
Yeah, and apparently, I still care. Somebody slap me out of this. (Balik ka na kasi, Alden!)