From Twitter @29rain:
ㅋㅋ 이번투어는 1집부터 지금까지 액기스만 뽑았습니다 푸하하하 색다른 쇼가 될것같아여~~
“keke This tour will consist of songs I chose from the 1st album until now. Puahaha this will be an unusual show~~”
(English translation by cloud_ph)
Based on the above Tweet from Rain, let’s make a list of the Things That Will Make Rain’s Concert A Truly Unusual Show:
1. Unusual Rain concert = no mic stand molestation and no stripping. (Hah. In your dreams, Agent P.)
2. Usual Rain concert = Nan number with the fake rain, stripping and gyrating amidst orgasmic screams from the audience. What will make it unusual? Totally scrap this number. However, I am not counting on it to disappear from the repertoire because of five words: Orgasmic. Screams. From. The. Audience.
3. While we’re at it, remove the I Love You Again with the pole dancing. Although we only started seeing this since World Tour, it’s one of those numbers that nobody really liked yet Rain is still doing it until now for some reason. Maybe he likes the pole dancing? Why not do the pole dancing himself? Although that won’t be unusual, neither, because he has already done that at some awards show two years ago.
4. Hire female dancers who could really dance well.
5. Remove some songs in the repertoire which he has been performing over and over and over and hardly gives anything new to the table. A few examples: Na (he still couldn’t seem to figure out the correct key to this song, anyway), Handshake (although I like this song and it has actually produced some pretty ‘dramatic’ moments in his concerts), Familiar Face (ho-hum, nothing new ), Don’t Stop (same as Familiar Face), the above-mentioned Nan (I don’t care if the fans love this, it’s old and constantly rehashed since 2005 and it was copied from Usher, anyway), I Love You Again (pole dance or no pole dance), Harudo (I used to love this song but I kinda got tired of it), Bad Guy (impossible to remove, but maybe re-arrange it? And by re-arrange, I don’t mean the tango version again), Instead of Saying Goodbye (again, re-arrange it, please), and as much as I hate to include this… I Do. But only because it needs a new arrangement, specifically the dance break. Oh, and Avoid The Sun, too. It needs to be ‘refreshed’.
You might notice that I didn’t include It’s Raining. First, it’s impossible to remove this from the repertoire because it’s his biggest hit. Second, the song and its choreography has undergone various changes over his many concerts. I think it’s the most evolved number on his setlist.
6. Sing something we haven’t heard him sing on his concert before (not necessarily his own song, because I honestly can’t think of any Rain song that I would want to hear him sing in a concert right now… except, maybe, Move On?), or something he sang before but has taken the backseat in his recent concerts (my vote goes to When You Know, In My Bed and/or Can’t Get Used To It).
PS: I would appreciate it if he will retire Friends, and bring back To You.
7. Rain doing a number where he would play a musical instrument. Any instrument. Even if it’s just a pitch pipe or something. At least it’s something new and unusual.
8. Here’s a truly revolutionary concept: At the Nae Yeoja (or I Do or whatever song he will use for Girlfriend Of The Night) segment, he would serenade HIS REAL-LIFE GIRLFRIEND. Now THAT would make things really unusual.
Anything else you want to add on this list?