Pigs are flying.
It’s confirmed. Rain is, indeed, coming back to Manila.
Just to summarize and recap:
– The title of the show is Rise2Shine.
– The concert is on November 3, 2017.
– Ticket selling will start on September 29, 2017.
– Ticket prices are not announced yet (in case anyone will ask )
– It’s a benefit concert.
– Rain is just the main act. It’s going to be an all-star show, with special surprise guests.
– The other artists joining the concert are not announced yet.
Are you guys ready? Start iponing now, we still have time.
Here’s the part where I will insert my personal blabber on this latest development.
1. November 3? THAT’S MY MOM’S BIRTHDAY. We’ve already planned an out-of-town trip for that. I’m going to have to find a way to be at both events. Anyone here who knows where I can learn to Apparate in 1.5 months?
2. So Rain will not be the only artist on this show. There will be other artists and he’s just a main act. Anyone else getting “INTENSITY featuring RAIN & U-KISS with Special Guest Christian Bautista” feels right now?
3. And while we’re on that subject, I guess we should also stop referring to this event as a ‘concert’. Flashback to 2010, when we were given an impromptu lesson on how Koreans label an event. If the artist is onstage for less than two hours, it’s not a ‘concert’ but a ‘SHOW’. Rain will probably do a one-hour set at the most, so it’s not a concert. Not his, anyway. It’s a show, featuring him and other artists.
4. Having said that, I will be wary of any press conferences that he will have here, especially if said press conference will not include the other artists on the show’s roster. Just sayin’.
5. To whoever is producing this show:
I highly recommend that you seek some pointers from the promoters of Intensity. Assuming it’s a different group, that is.