Current topic on Twitter within my fandom: Someone commented something along the lines of “hindi ka makakalapit kay Alden kung hindi ka kasali sa fan clubs na malapit sa manager n’ya” (you can’t have a moment Alden Richards unless you’re a member of a fan club that’s close to his manager).
Not to make buhat my bangko or anything – pero magbubuhat na rin ako ng bangko – I think I am among the many who can attest that such statement is not true?
I do admit, though, that at one time I complained on this blog that Alden and his management only acknowledges one fan group. But this was at the time when there was only one official fan club in the Alden fandom, anyway. Things have changed drastically since then, and we have to give credit to his management for taking the initiative to change that notion.
But even prior to that, I have been on the receiving end of Alden’s generosity when it comes to fan service. Fans with no fan clubs have been telling stories about their close encounters with Alden. Here’s mine.
1. Wish I May Album Launch. My first close encounter with Alden. Actually, my first time to see him in person. I was still Team No Group then. Although my only ‘moment’ with Alden was during the photo op with three other strangers, I’ll never forget the way he tightly shook my hand and said, “thank you” as if I did something remarkably life-changing to him.
2. Wish I May album tour at The District, Imus, Cavite. I was already with Alden Nation then, but his management did not know who we were. We just took chances with Leysam, who graciously allowed us to meet Alden backstage and I was able to personally hand over the first of many photobooks to him. We didn’t even ask for a photo op; it was them who suggested it.
3. Wish I May album tour, SM City Marilao, Bulacan. I got the shock of my life when Alden recognized me even after more than a month of not seeing me. I don’t think he recognized me as being from an FC. Also, as at that time, his manager still did not know who we were.
4. Alden Nation post-birthday celebration and charity event. Admittedly, this event was pre-arranged with Madam Carlites but it was mainly for scheduling purposes. She still did not know who we were; we’ve never met prior to this. Still, Alden took some time off his busy schedule and showed up at our event. He even has a family matter to attend to on that day, but his 15-minute stay as agreed upon got extended to more than 30 minutes.
5. Alden International launch. Still, the single greatest moment of my fangirl life. Trivia: did you know that on this day, I still wasn’t officially a member of AI? I was merely a commissioned photographer at the time. Yup, believe it or not. I only became an official member after the event. Posted on this entry is the proof that Alden already knew who I was prior to AI’s launch. Trivia 2: I only officially met Madam Carlites the Monday after the launch.
6. Random scene at Solenad 3. – This moment isn’t exactly mine, but I witnessed it. An impromptu meet-and-greet session at Solenad 3’s valet parking booth. Those people didn’t belong to any fan club, for sure.
So you see, you don’t need to be ‘close to’ or ‘favored by’ Madam Lites just to be allowed to approach Alden. Everyone is free to do so. Heck, there was even a time when I lamented the fact that I belong to an officially recognized Alden FC but the bashers and two-faced fans get more close encounters and “moments” with him.
Here’s a lesser-known fact: I’m not currently a member of any fan club but I still have my “moments” with Alden.
It’s just downright ridiculous that some people would utter inane statements like that when it’s fully documented on social media that Alden is very generous with his time when it comes to interacting with fans and non-fans. His excellent fan service not hearsay; it’s fact.