So this is what it feels like to overdose on Alden Richards.
So this is what it feels like to overdose on Alden Richards.
(This blog entry is a bit late. As usual. Sorry, reality got in the way.)
There’s nothing more awesome than receiving news that you’ve won a contest named “Meet and Dine With Alden Richards”. I mean, my current idol + Food. Nothing could get any better than that.
April 14, 9:15pm. I was startled by a phone call from a seemingly familiar number. I picked it up and got this message:
“Hello, is this XXXXX (my full name)? This is XXX from Cookie’s Peanut Butter. I’m sorry to be calling so late…”
Right then, it suddenly hit me why the number was familiar: it was the same number that I contacted to inquire about VIP slots for their April 22 event at Megamall.
Me, in my head: Shet. Naubusan ako ng VIP slot sa Megamall. Ibabalik pera ko. Parang Boardwalk event na naman ‘to.
The caller continued:
“I would like to inform you that you’re one of the winners of our Meet and Dine with Alden Richards contest.”
Me, in a very small, pabebe voice: “Oh. Thank you.”
I may have sounded too funny because the person on the other end of the line laughed, as well.
You know that ecstatic feeling I had when Ricky Martin did that groundbreaking performance of The Cup of Life at the 2000 Grammys and subsequently winning the Best Latin Performance Award on that same night?
Or that burst of happiness when it was announced that Rain was chosen as one of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World? Well, the first one, anyway.
I’m having that very same feeling now.
Congratulations, Team Alaala! This recognition for the masterfully-crafted docu-drama capped with fine performances from its cast is truly well-deserved.
As for Alden Richards, my heart is bursting with pride at this latest feather on his already colorful cap. But somehow, I knew this would happen. He’s battered and bruised from all the stupid bashing lately – ironically, from within his own fandom… or is it? – and every time such a thing happens, Alden receives a blessing. The universe just works that way.
Greater things are coming your way, Alden. I just know it.
(Apologies to my non-Filipino readers, if you’re still there. Parts of this entry will be written in the vernacular, for maximum effect. Nyahaha! )
As mentioned in my previous blog entry, I have officially returned to Twitter. And because some of my Tweeted photos became controversial – through no fault of my own because I just Tweeted photos which are not even behind-the-scenes and nothing else – a few ‘offended’ members of my former fandom (yes, I WAS part of that fandom, if you care to backread my blog entries in 2015 to early 2016) started yapping and throwing whatever they can throw towards me on Instagram.
Yes, on Instagram. Where I am NOT there. My Instagram account has been dead for more than a year. But they’re attacking me there instead of on Twitter because they thought this IG account named _drizzylopez02 is Agent Pau, and the basis is the fact that said IG account posted my photos of Alden and Sanya Lopez from Sunday Pinasaya with captions that would surely piss off the easily-pissed off ADN. They could’ve saved themselves from stressing out if they just bothered to directly ask me on Twitter if I own that IG account and I really said those things that they are accusing me of, but NOOOoooo! Where’s the fun in that, right? They’re obviously bored and looking for something to dump their frustrations in life on, and Agent Pau – or whoever they think is Agent Pau – became the poor target of their lashings.
Well, to set things straight: I AM NOT ON INSTAGRAM. I haven’t been there since January 2017.
It’s just so funny because, the comments are outright hilarious. For one thing, most of them don’t even know who exactly they’re mad at. They have different descriptions of Agent Pau, and they accuse me of things that I don’t remember doing or statements that I don’t remember saying. Then again, what else is new. It’s not like it never happened to me before. I mean, today is the anniversary of Coldplay in Manila, when I got severely bashed on Twitter for something I did not Tweet. It’s my former FC who Tweeted that; they only assumed it was me because I’m the most (in)famous member of the group.
Let me just comment on a few accusations in case anyone who needs clarification as to the identity of Agent Pau stumbles on this blog. My well-meaning friends might say, “hayaan mo na, wag na patulan”. Sorry ha, patola ako eh. Tsaka nagpapalipas-stress ako sa work. I haven’t written something like this in a long, long while. Bear with me for a bit.
1. Sino yung Agent Pau? – I’m not anonymous. A quick browse on this blog would show you my face.
2. Tinanggal na ‘yan ni Alden. – Hindi po si Alden ang ‘nagtanggal’ sa akin. Wapakels yun sa FC matters. At walang kinalaman sa personal n’yang buhay ang dahilan.
3. Hindi na s’ya nakakalapit kay Alden. – Tologoh??? Resibo policy po tayo. The accuser has the burden of proof. Show us proof na bawal na ako lumapit kay Alden. Eh tingnan n’yo lang yung Twitter posts ko on the month of March 2018, makikita n’yo na doon ang sagot.
4. Hindi na s’ya nakakapasok sa Broadway. – Ahm, magkaiba po yung ‘hindi nakakapasok’ sa ‘hindi nagpupunta’. So kung hindi na ako pwede pumasok sa Broadway kasi, sabi n’yo, marami akong ginawang atraso sa AlDub, sino yung nag-judge sa ACTually noong February 18, 2018? I even blogged about it.
5. Yung matabang sungki na nagtanong kay Alden sa BW – ‘Mataba’, check. ‘Sungki’, eep! Wrong! Kung sinabi n’yo pang may gap sa ngipin baka naniwala pa akong kilala mo talaga kung sino si Agent Pau. ‘Nagtanong kay Alden sa BW’, ahm ano po yung BW? Broadway o Boardwalk? Either way, I don’t remember asking Alden anything on BW. I did give him a birthday message on Broadway noong birthday celebration n’ya last year. Hindi tanong yun, message yun. In short, NI HINDI N’YO ALAM KUNG SINO ANG PINAG-UUSAPAN NINYO. Kawawa naman yung mga nababanggit na name na pinagkakamalan n’yong ako. Unfair naman sa kanila ‘yon.
6. Ni-link n’ya kay Sarah, then kay Sanya para inisin ang ADN – Sigurado kayong ako yan?
7. Sabi ni Agent Pau.. blah blah blah… Screengrab muna na sinabi ko nga ‘yan. As in ako talaga ang nagsabi at hindi kung sino-sinong pinagpipilitan ninyong ako ha.
8. Matabang baboy yan pero pumayat na kasi hindi na nabibigyan (kumikita). Hindi na kasi nakakalapit kay Alden. Eto medyo may kurot sa puso kasi, unang una, pumayat ako hindi dahil kay Alden kundi dahil sa personal matters ko sa buhay. Seryosong usapin ‘yon. Wala kayong alam kaya how dare you say those things.
Second of all, never akong kumita kay Alden. Nagastusan, oo. I patronize his projects, I buy the products that he endorses. Show of support yun eh. Ganon naman kasi talaga ang mag-faney, gagastos ka talaga whether you like it or not.
Third of all, akala n’yo lang hindi na ako nakakalapit. Wala nga kasi kayong alam. Hindi ko naman kasi kailangang ibalandra sa lahat ang mga moments ko kasi baka ikamatay n’yo lang sa ngitngit, ako pa masisi.
Basically, except for the first part of Item 8, I just laughed it all off. The only part that offended me is when some fans cropped off my photos including the watermark, pasted their own watermarks on them, and only used the all-purpose CTTO to credit the owner. That’s just downright disrespectful. Content creators are giving their time, money and effort just to be able to share something to the fandom, tapos yung iba d’yan ike-claim o makikihati ng credit kahit ang ginawa lang naman nila eh mag-edit and/or mag-repost. Ang kapal lang.
Reading all those confused comments on IG made me think. It’s either of the two: (1) It’s a case of mistaken identity, and they really thought that Agent Pau owns that IG account; or (2) that IG account who keeps on maligning me on IG until now, as well as those who keep on adding fuel to the fire by posting all those lies and accusations at the comments, know who Agent Pau is but s/he has a beef against me and is taking advantage of the situation to tarnish my name further with the fandom. Which one is it?
Any which way, andiyan na ‘yan. Sanay na ako. At least I have given you something to talk about.
This is probably the randomest of random thoughts I’ll ever write on this blog. My brain needs to reboot for my thoughts to be properly arranged.
I really envy those people who identify themselves as successful professionals (lawyers, doctors, businessmen, etc), thus, are normally very busy people, yet are able to write novel-length commentary about showbiz on social media on a regular basis.
Meanwhile, here I am. A licensed professional who only pretends to be busy once a year yet I struggle to find the time to update this blog.
I envy them so much because, how the heck were they able to find time analyzing every imaginable topic about their idol – or the idol’s onscreen partner – and putting them all in writing? Just writing this random thoughts entry took me about a day, and I barely did anything but sleep and practice my Lenten traditions this Holy Week break.
Then again, I’m only like this because I’ve been overly stressed since July last year due to family matters. My mind and body ache for a loooooong break from everything. But I can’t have that now. Not yet, anyway.
I wanted to avoid commenting about this (non) issue, but I will, anyway. About Alden Richards’ flaunting of his newly-toned abs.
1. To those who still insist that it’s an old photo and he’s still chubby: I can’t tell the details on how I know – because some of you will not like it – but trust me on this. It’s NOT an old photo. He really has a flat tummy, toned back muscles and no man-boobs now.
2. So he posted a shameless selfie flaunting his almost-there physique. So what? He worked hard for it. He has all the right in the world to proudly show it off.
3. You gotta admire an actor who would go at great lengths to prepare for an upcoming project. That shows passion and commitment to his craft. If you call yourself his fan and can’t see the point as to why he has to shape up, then… I don’t really know how you could manage to call yourself his fan.
4. I find it weird that people would fault him for being fit and healthy. I don’t get it. They ridicule his fans – like me, for instance – for being fat, and they also ridicule him for being fit. We can’t win with these people.
5. Then again, these are the same people who profess love for Alden but would campaign for a boycott of his solo projects. Logic and consistency do not exist in their world.
6. As for the morality issue that’s being thrown at him now: guys, don’t even go there. You might regret it. I mean, your idol also flaunts herself wearing skimpy swimsuits on social media. If you’re going to slap the morality clause on other artists, make sure it won’t backfire on your faces.
I recently made a comeback on Twitter. Actually, I’ve been posting photos on Twitter every now and then but they barely get any attention, probably because I haven’t been posting anything that might be perceived as ‘controversial’. I posted a number of photos from Sunday Pinasaya‘s April 1 episode, which included photos of Alden and other actresses (most notably, Sanya Lopez). It couldn’t be helped as they were all part of the Charade of Stars segment of SPS.
Suddenly, I am getting Tweets from bashers again. Woo-hoo! I just don’t understand why they’re so fixated at the Alden-Sanya photos when I also posted photos of Alden with other female stars, ie., Rhian Ramos and Arny Ross.
I did notice two things: (1) as of this moment, I’ve only gotten three negative replies on those posts, a vast improvement from those days when I was inactive on Twitter and some people still ridicule me whenever a few of my private Facebook posts get leaked out (seriously, guys, are your lives that boring that you would actually waste time and effort to screengrab my FB posts, leak them out and talk about me on Twitter?); and (2) I only posted photos without any commentary nor any mention of artists who are not in those photos, yet these people still went out of their way to check my Twitter feed and post scathing comments. Which means they’re just trolls who would spew hatred towards me just because, thus, don’t deserve my time and attention.
But I gave them a few spaces on my blog, anyway, so congratulations to them, I think?
Speaking of Sanya Lopez, I just want to share this short anecdote.
Me and a couple of friends were hanging out backstage by the elevators at the SPS studios last March 4, 2018 when suddenly, out came Sanya, wearing that sexy backless gown that she wore for Charade of Stars. I stared at her, dumbfounded. She’s so gorgeous. Cameras don’t do justice to her real facial features. I have seen Sanya a number of times before but only from a distance. It’s the first time for me to see her that close. I was frozen solid that I failed to snap a photo nor ask for a selfie even if I was holding my phone at the time.
Here’s the thing: the guy who came out the elevator with Sanya stood beside me for a few seconds to check his reflection on the mirror right across from where we stood. It was her brother, Jak Roberto. Whom I snubbed, because I haven’t recovered yet from seeing Sanya up close.
It just hit me right now.
I currently don’t belong to any fan club. I’m not restricted by any rules. I can go back to the old Agent P who writes nonsense commentary on anything again.
And because of recent developments, being a one-sided Alden fan cannot be used against me anymore. I mean, they still can, but it’s not as effective as before. That argument has lost its ‘teeth’.
The only thing that’s holding me back is, I have no time to argue on the internet. I’d rather use my free time to catch up on sleep.